Kazan Federal University
Kazan Federal University is one of the oldest universities in Russia, it celebrated its 210th anniversary in 2014. We celebrated this date as another token of the university’s dedication to its longstanding academic mission as one of the leading educational institutions in Russia and in the world.
Kazan University has gained its international fame thanks to its distinguished scholars and graduates whose achievements have had a beneficial effect on the whole mankind. The unique culture of our University has shaped the development of Kazan and the Volga region. The University’s new federal status obtained in 2010 poses new interesting challenges and calls for new approaches in the rapidly changing world.
The university is noted for its academic schools in mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry, and linguistics. In terms of research, KFU gives priority to developments in pharmacology, biomedicine, geology, physics, chemistry, oil and gas, nanotechnologies and information technologies (IT), psychology and cultural studies, humanities, pedagogical and inter-disciplinary spheres.
Faculties Kazan Federal University
- Institute of Geology and Petroleum Technologies
- Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology
- Institute of Environmental Sciences
- Alexander Butlerov Institute of Chemistry
- Higher School of Information Technologies and Information Systems
- Institute of Engineering
- Institute of Computational Mathematics and Information Technologies
- I. Lobachevsky Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics
- Institute of Physics
- Faculty of Law
- Institute of International Relations, History and Oriental Studies
- Leo Tolstoy Institute of Philology and Intercultural Communication
- Institute of Psychology and Education
- Institute of Social and Philosophical Sciences and Mass Communications
- Institute of Management, Economics and Finance
- Higher School of Public Administration
- Higher School of Business
- Physical Education and Sports Academic Unit
- Faculty of Advanced Training and Staff Retraining
- Preparatory School for International Students
- The University has two branches in Naberezhnye Chelnyand Yelabuga.
Hostels Kazan Federal University
The campus grounds are maintained according to the strictest standards. Over 8,000 inhabitants are concentrated here and thus can communicate and reach each other in minutes. Young guests from 81 countries live here.
The Village is the biggest dorm complex in Russia now, comprising 20 high-rise and low-rise buildings with rooms for 2, 3, or 4 persons. Naturally, there are various sports grounds and facilities in the vicinity. There are several grocery stores, drug stores, a good diner, a dentist shop, and a hair salon in the vicinity. IKEA MEGA mall is about 15 minutes away by bus. A post office and bank offices are also several minutes away.
There is a gym with new equipment.
A concert hall and a patriotic community center are also located here.
A study hall welcomes those who want to prepare for classes. A student council room accommodates students’ meetings.
Application Form Kazan Federal University